Addicted to shopping on Amazon? Now you can shop AND help out your favorite nonprofit organization (Teach Kentucky, of course!). Five percent of your Amazon purchases will be donated to Teach Kentucky when you register for the AmazonSmile program.
To sign up for the program and select Teach Kentucky as your nonprofit of choice, follow these basic steps:
- Visit smile.amazon.com. In order to select Teach Kentucky as the nonprofit of your choice, you HAVE to purchase items through the smile site, rather than amazon.com.
AmazonSmile has the same wide selection of products, low prices, and convenient shopping features as Amazon.com, including Amazon Prime member benefits.Tens of millions of products on AmazonSmile are eligible for donations. You will see eligible products marked “Eligible for AmazonSmile donation” on their product detail pages.Your Amazon and AmazonSmile account are one in the same!
- Sign into your Amazon account. If you do not yet have one, register for an account.
- Upon signing into your Amazon account for the first time on the AmazonSmile site, you will be prompted to pick a charity to receive donations from eligible purchases. Type in Teach Kentucky and select it as your charity.
- Your account will track the impact of your purchases by showing how much has been donated to Teach Kentucky.
- Give yourself a pat on the back for doing good!
Still have questions? You can read more about the AmazonSmile program here.